Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I remember...


I remember my first time seeing snow, i ran outside with my bathing suit on to go play like i did in the rain... didn't really workout the same.
I remember the first time I switched classes in the 1st grade. The boy who had a crush on me told the teacher and I had to stay in for recess.
I remember the first time i ever learned to ski. Ever since then i've been able to do the splits.
I remember playing soccer when i was little. It was cold and raining so i decided to play volleyball so i wouldn't have to be in the cold.
I remember getting married in the third grade. We used a 25 cent ring. I think it was orange.
I remember going to Florida and snorkeling. I found a hundred dollar bill.
I remember getting suspended on the last day of school.
I remember my parents telling me Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy weren't real all at the same time. I died a little inside.
I remember getting stitches when i was four. I was jumping on the bed and the medal fan was on.
I remember when my dog died. I was fine the first 2 days then i broke down for two hours and was over it.
I remember when my little sisters bunny died. It drowned in our pond.... out of all ways to die.
I remember sneaking out to go to the three six mafia concert. Came home at 8 in the morning and told my mom i went out for a run.

1 comment:

  1. This is really good. You did exactly what I was looking for. You have some memories that you explore more than others- some you let us as readers use our imaginations.

    My favorites:
    -I remember getting suspended on the last day of school. (Your sarcasm really comes through on this line. Who gets suspended on the last day? How ridiculous).
    -The line about Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy. You make a joke about dying a little inside...but there's some powerful truth in that joke.
    -"out of all the ways to die"---this is such a simple, but powerful line.

    Very good. I enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete